“PANASONIC – WIN AUSTRALIAN OPEN TICKETS” PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- 2.The Promoter is Panasonic Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 83 001 592 187) of Austlink Corporate Park, 1 Garigal Road, Belrose NSW 2085.
- 3.Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- 4.Promotion commences 10am AEDST on 20 January 2010 and closes at 4pm AEDST on 25 January 2010 (“Promotional Period”). Any entries submitted after this time are ineligible for entry.
- 5.The Promoter will post two (2) tweets at Panasonic Australia’s Twitter page. The 1st tweet will advise followers of Panasonic Australia’s promotion, and the 2nd tweet will advise of a website link where individuals can find the terms and conditions and details on how to enter.
- 7.To enter, the eligible entrant must, during or before the Promotional Period, take a photo of themselves, or their friend or family member, in their most outrageous tennis outfit and then, during the Promotional Period, post a Twitter message to @PanasonicAu containing a link to their photo. Entrants must ensure that the website where their photo is posted can be accessed by the Promoter. The Promoter takes no responsibility if it is unable to access the applicable website for any reason whatsoever. Entrants must only submit a photograph of their friend or family member if they have obtained their prior consent to do so.
- 8.The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- 9.Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- 10.Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- 11.If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- 12.There will be one round of judging. The judging will commence immediately after the conclusion of the promotion. Entries close at 4pm AEDST on 25 January 2010. The judges reserve the right to select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creativity and cleverness of the photo submitted. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 13.The best four (4) entries as determined by the judges, will each win a double pass (i.e. two standard tickets, no food or beverages) to the Men’s Semi Final Twilight Match of The Australian Open at Rod Laver Arena on 29 January 2010 valued at $359.80 for a double pass. Prize is a double pass only. The winner (and his or her companion) will be responsible for all other costs incurred with attending The Australian Open.
- 14.Winners will be contacted by private message through Twitter. The original winners will be required to contact the Promoter via a private Twitter message to provide their contact details, from which they will be contacted to claim their prize and confirm that they will attend by 3pm AESDT on 27 January 2010. If an original winner does not claim their prize by the required time, then it will be forfeited and will be offered to a reserve. The reserve will then be contacted by private message through Twitter. The reserve will be required to contact the Promoter via a private Twitter message to provide their contact details, from which they will be contacted to claim their prize and confirm that they will attend by 5pm AESDT on 27 January 2010. If the reserve does not claim their prize by the required time, then it will be forfeited and offered to another reserve. In the event that this occurs, the Promoter will attempt to contact the next reserve via a private Twitter message and notify a timeframe by which they must claim their prize and confirm that they will attend. If they do not respond by the required time, then they will forfeit the prize and the prize may be offered to another reserve in the absolute discretion of the Promoter. If the Promoter decides to offer the prize to another reserve, then the Promoter will attempt to contact the next reserve via a private Twitter message and notify a timeframe by which they must claim their prize and confirm that they will attend. If this person does not respond in the required timeframe, then the prize will be forfeited. It is the entrant’s responsibility to check their Twitter account to see if they have received a winner notification message.
Prizes must be taken to coincide with the relevant day of The Australian Open. Seat numbers will be determined by the Promoter in consultation with Tennis Australia (
for details. The event organizers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion) for any reason, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst attending The Australian Open.
- 15.If for any reason a winner does not take an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
- 16.If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- 17.Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified. Prizes may be transferred to a family member or friend aged 18 years or over. All tickets must be collected by the winner or their designated ticket recipient at the Will Call Office, located at Front Gate, Rod laver Arena entrance at The Australian Open on the day of the game. If a winner chooses to transfer their tickets, they must provide the ticket recipients details to the Promoter at the time of accepting the tickets. Proof of identification will be required to collect the tickets.
- 18.When you submit or make available any materials for the promotion, including comments, recordings and images (“Content”), you, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use such Content for the purpose of conducting the promotion, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. You warrant that you have the full authority to grant these rights.
You agree that you are fully responsible for the Content you submit or make available. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not submit or make available any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) you will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in your Content; (c) you will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) your Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, you indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- 19.Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- 20.If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant or block them as a follower; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- 21.Any cost associated with accessing the any website used in connection with the promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- 22.The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23.Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and Tennis Australia (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if Twitter or Panasonic Twitter account is cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
- 24.The Promoter may collect personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- 25.The laws of NSW apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.