Bird photography, also commonly called ‘birding‘ is a great intersection of nature, adventure and creativity. Its accessibility makes it a rewarding genre of photography that:
- Encourages you to get out for some sunshine and fresh air.
- Develops your ability to appreciate your surroundings and observe some of our beautiful native bird species.
- Inspires you to explore your local parks, reserves and hiking trails.
- Challenges your technical and artistic capabilities behind the camera.
To get more adventurers and photography enthusiasts to discover the fascinating world of birding, we’ve partnered with self-confessed ‘bird nerd’ Ewen Bell to give away a Panasonic LUMIX G9 Mirrorless Camera + Leica 100-400mm f/4-6.3 Telephoto Lens valued at $4098.00 RRP!
- To enter, venture out into your backyard or local area and seek out some birds to photograph.
- Post your best shots to Instagram and use the hashtag #BirdingwithLUMIX.
- Fill in the online form below to complete your entry.
- Not on Instagram? No worries, just upload your photo using the form below instead.
About The LUMIX G9 Mirrorless Camera
The LUMIX G9 is popular with nature and wildlife photography enthusiasts thanks to its lightning fast speed, ergonomic operability and rugged construction.
Capture up to 12fps in full resolution, 30fps in 6K Photo Mode, or an astonishing 60fps in 4K Photo Mode. Supported by a maximum electronic shutter speed of 1/32000th ensuring the fastest movement is faithfully reproduced with incredible detail.
Its 5-Axis Dual I.S 2 Image Stabiliser is perfect for telephoto lenses where image blur caused by camera shake can be magnified. The LUMIX G9 compensates for this shake in both the body and lens (where compatible), to deliver uncompromisingly sharp images.
The impressive 3,688k-dot OLED Live Viewfinder makes focusing and tracking your subject a breeze. The ergonomic button-layout ensures settings are easy to adjust while the deep grip ensures confidence inspiring handling, even when attached to large telephoto lenses. (Pictured here with optional DMW-BGG9 Battery Grip)
Check out our ‘Art of Bird Photography’ live stream with Ewen, where he showcases some of his favourite bird photos and chats about some of the technical aspects of birding, but also shares insights into bird behaviour to help you get the best shots in your neighbourhood.
Or, read our interview with Ewen Bell to gain some valuable insight into his creative process, and helpful tips to improve your nature photography.