“PANASONIC BLU-RAY SOCIAL MEDIA” PROMOTION
Terms and Conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Facebook and Twitter users who reside in Australia. Australian residents aged less than 18 years of age must obtain the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Promotion commences 9am on 06/10/09 and closes 11:59pm on 05/11/09 (“Promotional Period”). All times indicated will be based on Sydney local time and will be AEST or AEDST as the case requires.
- During the Promotional Period there will be eight (8) rounds (“Rounds”) during which the Promoter will conduct an online game. There will be one (1) Round conducted between 9am Monday to 11:59pm the following Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 11:59pm Sunday during the Promotional Period (except in the case of a NSW public holiday, in which case the Round will commence on the following business day, in all States) with the final Round concluding 11:59pm on 01/11/09.
- In each “captured” image will be a clue that forms part of a question that must be answered to enter the major prize draw. To enter the major prize draw, entrants must decipher the clues from all “captured” images to obtain the question. Entrants must then, during the Promotional Period, post the question as well as the correct answer via the Panasonic Australia Facebook page, or if the entrant is also a Twitter user, via the Panasonic Australia Twitter page.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person in each minor draw and the major prize draw.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Facebook account is held.
- Entries for each Round (and each corresponding draw) open at 9am and close at 11:59pm on the dates specified in the table below. The major prize draw closes at 11:59pm on 05/11/09. All draws will take place at Level 22, 385 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000 at 10am on the dates specified in the table below. For the avoidance of doubt, entries in each minor draw will NOT be automatically entered into any subsequent minor draws. Entry into the major prize draw will be subject to the requirements set out in Clause 5. Winners will be notified in writing via a Facebook message and winners of prizes valued at over $250 will have their names published on the Panasonic Australia Facebook page on the next business day following the draw. Winners will be required to respond to the email address provided in their notification with their contact details in order to receive their prize. Winners who reside in VIC will also have their name published in The Age on 23/10/09 (for Rounds 1-4) and 13/11/09 (for Rounds 5-8 and Major Prize Draw).
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn in each minor draw will each win a Panasonic Blu-Ray player (DMR-BW850) valued at $1,979.00. The first valid and correct entry drawn in the major prize draw will win a Panasonic Home Theatre System (SC-BT200) valued at RRP $1,099.00 and Full High Definition Plasma TV (TH-P42G10A) valued at RRP $2,299.00.
- If the winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is $19,230.00 valued at Recommended Retail Price (RRP). The RRP value is valid at the date of the commencement of the promotion.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 08/02/10 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners’ names will be published on the Panasonic Australia Facebook page on 12/02/10. Any winners that are VIC residents will also be published in The Age on the same day.
- When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including comments, recordings and images (“Content”), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Promoter is Panasonic Australia Pty Limited (ABN 83 001 592 187) of Austlink Corporate Park, 1 Garigal Road, Belrose NSW 2085. Telephone: 132 600.
At the commencement of a particular Round, and then continuing at random intervals during the Round, the Promoter will release clues via its Panasonic Australia social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter as to the whereabouts of a pair of “fugitives”. In order to participate in a Round, eligible entrants must follow these clues to locate the website on which the image of these “fugitives” is located, and then click on this image. Once clicked, entrants will be taken to the “captured” microsite where they will be required to print off the “captured” image for that Round.
To enter the minor prize draw corresponding to that Round, the entrant must take a photo of themselves holding the “captured” image corresponding to that Round and upload the photo on to the Panasonic Australia Facebook page before the Round closes. Photoshopped images, whereby an entrant has digitally inserted an image of themselves into the “captured” image will also be accepted. The entrant will be required to register as a “fan” of the Panasonic Australia Facebook page, if they have not already done so, before they may upload the photo.
|Round No.||Round Opens||Round Closes||Draw date|
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
NSW Permit No LTPS/09/9349, VIC Permit No. 09/3048 ACT Permit No. TP09/3722 SA Permit No. T09/2255