It’s always a surprise how quickly Christmas comes around… but with a Panasonic microwave, you could whip up this sensational Christmas pud in a flash, so you can spend less time slaving over a hot stove and have more fun with your family.
Microwave Christmas Pudding[Ingredients]
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 300g dried mixed fruit
- 100g moist dried figs, chopped
- 100g glace mixed fruits (pineapple, figs, apricots, cherries), chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet sherry, dark rum or brandy
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth apple sauce
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon parisienne essence
- vanilla custard, to serve
Place dried and glace fruits in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Pour over sherry. Microwave, covered, on MEDIUM-LOW (30%) for 10 minutes or until fruit is plump and sherry is almost absorbed. Cool.
Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add fruit mixture, apple sauce, flour, breadcrumbs and mixed spice. Mix well. Stir in parisienne essence.
Lightly grease a 1.5-litre capacity heatproof, microwave-safe pudding basin. Line base with a circle of baking paper. Spoon mixture into basin. Smooth surface. Cover pudding with a double layer baking paper and secure with kitchen string. Elevate basin on an upturned plate in microwave. Microwave on MEDIUM-LOW (30%) for 35 minutes. Stand in basin for 15 minutes. Insert a skewer into centre, to check if pudding is cooked. Turn out. Serve with custard.