Here at Panasonic, we are so excited to be debuting the very first compact system camera to offer 4K video*. This Ultra-HD format is going to be the next big thing and the LUMIX GH4 is actually able to shoot at the 4K cinema resolution of 4096×2160 / 24 fps, as well as the 4K TV standard of 3840×2160 / up to 30 fps.
With a camera that offers video recording at four times the resolution of Full-HD, it’s hard to talk about anything else but the GH4 has been treated to a number of impressive upgrades that set it apart from the earlier GH3 to deliver best-in-class performance.
For instance, the GH4’s new Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine team up to reduce noise while raising resolution and improving color reproduction, and innovative DFD technology increases the speed of Contrast AF.
If you like your camera to be adventure-proof, the weather-sealed GH4 is the perfect companion and the shutter has been designed for a lifespan of up to 200,000 releases, double the life of many cameras in its class**.
What’s more, the camera’s Wi-Fi connectivity has been enhanced with NFC for simple pairing with a smartphone or tablet (QR code scanning available for non-NFC devices) and the GH4 also supports optional accessories such a powerful external flash and a stereo/shotgun microphone.
When all is said and done, the GH4 really throws down the gauntlet to camera manufacturers in its class, delivering a video/still hybrid that will thrill camera enthusiasts across the scale from amateur hobbyist through to professional-level cinema and video productions.
Other great features include:
- Focus Peaking (users can see the focus position while monitoring the subject in live view. Also available in remote photo / video shooting with smartphone / tablet via Wi-Fi)
- RAW Data Development in Camera
- High-Speed Burst Shooting at 12 fps (AFS)
- Variable Frame Rate video available from 2 fps up to 96 fps
- Focus detect area, increased from 23 (DMC-GH3) to 49 points for more flexible composition.
- Custom Multi mode in which you can freely select the blocks to focus out of the 49 focusing area.
- New Face / Eye Detection AF, which automatically sets focus right on the face or eye in face.
- Time Code
- Zebra Pattern
- HDMI output at 4:2:2/10-bit
- Cinelike Gamma
- 1kHz Test Tone and Colour Bars (SMPTE/EBU/ARIB Standard)
- Master Pedestal adjustment
* For a digital single lens mirrorless (DSLM) camera as of February 7, 2014
**Panasonic in-house examination.
Price and all available information can be found in our website at http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/imaging/lumix-g-cameras.html.