Lumix TZ Series extends powerful zoom to 20x and enhances Full HD recording, creative and GPS features
Panasonic has released the seventh generation in its iconic TZ Series of LUMIX travel zoom cameras, with the new DMC-TZ30 now covering even wider shooting situations with a huge 20x zoom and 24mm wide-angle lens, redesigned MOS sensor, Full HD AVCHD and MP4 recording, and enhanced GPS functionality, supported by the latest creative effects.
The newly-developed 14.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor reduces noise and provides advanced performance in low light, and responsiveness has been enhanced with 0.1 sec Light Speed AF. Full HD AVCHD movie recording has been upgraded to 1920 x 1080/50p.
This camera gives the user complete creative control with a wide selection of artistic filter effects to apply when recording and retouching. Intelligent Auto (iA) is now even more intuitive with the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) which ensures high-contrast images are detailed and sharp.
DMC-TZ25 features include:
- 12.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor
- Intelligent Auto with HDR, POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Face Recognition, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent Handheld Nightshot, Motion Deblur mode, Intelligent Burst mode and Intelligent Exposure
- Creative Control mode including Miniature Effect, Panorama Shot, Creative Retouch and Auto Retouch
Imaging and movie technologies
The advanced lens system that is the hallmark of the TZ Series has been redesigned to boast a short total lens length within a slim camera body.
- Full HD AVCHD movie recording is a format that provides easy viewing via SD Memory Card on Panasonic TVs or Blu-ray devices.
- A stereo zoom microphone and Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator offer highly realistic sound. An Auto Wind Cut function is also available to block out most background wind noises.
- The included software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 Premium Edition makes it easy to view and edit recorded content. Users may also choose to upload videos to YouTube™ or burn them to a DVD disc for archiving.
Advanced GPS System with World Map information
The DMC-TZ30 features a comprehensive built-in GPS, now supplemented by bundled map data that provides detailed maps of major regions worldwide.
The GPS function shows the name of the country, state, city and key landmarks giving users real-time information to locate where the photo is being taken.
Special effects and iA to enhance shooting enjoyment
The DMC-TZ30 now offers a rich suite of creative effects in addition to enhancements to Intelligent Auto (iA).
The Creative Control mode has a selection of artistic filter effects when recording images: including Expressive, Retro, High Dynamic, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, High Key, Low Key, Miniature Effect, Toy Effect and Soft Focus that can be applied to images after they have been shot. Also, at the press of a button, Auto Retouch adjusts contrast and brightness if needed.
Miniature Effect and Panorama Shot are also available. Miniature Effect creates the look of a diorama; and Panorama Shot makes it possible to capture a 360º horizontal/vertical panoramic image by overlaying consecutive shots. At the press of a button, Auto Retouch adjusts contrast and brightness if you want to improve the photo you just took.-
The DMC-TZ30 uses touch-screen operation with a 3.0-inch large 460,000-dot Smart Touch LCD offering Touch AF, Touch Zoom and Touch Shutter modes.
LUMIX Image Uploader allows instant image and movie sharing via Facebook© or YouTube™ with any PC. The 3D Photo mode produces realistic 3D images. Take 20 panning shots and the camera automatically selects the two most suitable images – one for the right eye and one for the left eye – to produce a 3D composite.